Red House on River
Terms and Conditions
Private and Confidental
1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
a. Exclusions and Limitations
c. Log Files
e. Links to this website
f. Links from this website
g. Copyright notice
4. FORCE MAJEURE
a. Notification of changes
6. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Privacy Statement
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. We will investigate any actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible
Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
● excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
● excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within the Republic of South Africa, or in relation to postings from the Republic of South Africa is intended solely for the Republic of South Africa market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
This Company’s logo is a trademark of this Company in the Republic of South Africa and other countries. The brand names and specific services of this Company featured on this web site are trade marked
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
The Company reserves the right to change these conditions without notice, from time to time as it sees fit and your continued use of the site will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms.
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client / User and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking and/or contact request and/or usage and/or consumption of information indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
For the purpose of these clauses, “Personal Information” shall be defined as detailed in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPI).
1. Processing of Personal Information
Red House on River undertakes not to sell, share or trade any personal information collected online. Personal Information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and service providers where required to perform a service to customers or improve your online experience.
It should be made clear that you have no legal obligation to provide us with any Personal Information and the submission of such information is entirely subject to your sole discretion and consent. However, if you will not provide us with the required information we may not be able to provide you with the information/services requested by you
After placing an order Red House on River will send you transactional emails for the purpose of tracking your order and keeping you informed. When placing an order you consent to Red House on River contacting you for purposes relating to the order and performance of the purchase agreement. Transactional emails are not considered marketing communications and/or direct marketing.
Any complaints regarding the processing of Personal Information may be sent to our Information Officer ([email protected]) and will be addressed as a matter of urgency.
2. Collection of Personal Information
When you order the personal information we collect may include your:
○ Name and Surname
○ Delivery Address
○ Email Address
○ Telephone Number
○ Mobile Number
○ ID number / passport number; and
○ If a refund is required we may request your bank account details in order to make payment.
When you visit our Website, we, alternatively our service providers may collect:
○ Your shopping device
○ Your IP address
○ Your Internet Service Provider
○ Your Domain server
○ Amount of time spent on pages
○ What pages or sections you visit on our Website
○ The number of clicks and where you click on our Website
○ Your search terms on our Website
○ Other statistical data relating to our offering to you.
3. How we use your Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
○ To identify you
○ To deliver the products you have purchased from Zando;
○ To update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes;
○ To provide you with current and new product information (if you have opted in to receive marketing material);
○ To inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us and our partners (if you have opted in to receive marketing material);
○ to improve your experience on our Site by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and click patterns. This helps us improve our Website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Information.
Our third-party service providers may use information about your visits to our Website, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices, in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those various devices.
It’s important to remember that we don’t control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third-party services. So we encourage you to read the privacy policies of these services before using our Website. Please request identity of the third party provider and we’ll be happy to refer you.
4. Updating Your Personal Information
1. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information or You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on our Website.
5. Security of Your Personal Information
REDHOUSE ON RIVER ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your Personal Information by:
○ Restricting access to personal information
○ Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
○ Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any third parties other than:
○ Employees and/or third party service providers directly related to assisting you with the use of the Website and delivery of the products you have purchased from the Website.
○ To our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any Product you have purchased which requires their involvement.
In exceptional circumstances we may be required to disclose Personal Information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality, data sharing agreements and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
You have the right to request the identity of all third parties who have access to your personal information.
RED HOUSE ON RIVER is committed to complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as well as the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 and its principle
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by RED HOUSE ON RIVER please contact our Information Officer [email protected] and we will resolve the issue.